The Candel Company Limited was incorporated in Nigeria (RC 204522) on the 10th of September, 1992, as a Private Limited Liability Company to develop market and distribute agrochemicals, specialized fertilizers and allied inputs to farmers in Africa.
Our Mission is to become the African reference company in the successful configuration and execution of integrated commercial agricultural value chain opportunities, by dedicating our resources, talents and energies to help improve agricultural productivity and preservation, thereby, the quality of life of the people throughout Africa.
For over 20 years, our innovative solutions and on-farm support by our field agronomists have helped Nigerian farmers significantly increase their yields and overall industry economics.
In the bid to become a key One-Stop Supplier for high quality inputs and to further consolidate our position as the acknowledged Market leader in innovation, we have pioneered the Production of Conservation Tillage Packages for Rice (R-Box) and Maize (M-Box) that guarantees optimum yield and quality. An innovation that was made possible through production of vigorous seeds, specialized fertilizers as well as Crop Protection Products tailored to Rice and Maize specifically.
ited Liability Company to develop market and distribute agrochemicals, specialized fertilizers and allied inputs to farmers in Africa.
With our In-depth Knowledge of the Agriculture Industry, we have dedicated time to resource-driven research into farming system-specific innovations to develop/Improve Crop Protection Products and this has enabled us identify the needs of various farmers and by so doing proffer solutions to a wide range of agricultural enterprises including but not limited to Rice, Maize, Plantation Crops (Rubber, Cocoa) Root and Tuber Crops
The Company’s first class Agrochemical formulation factory in Nigeria located at the Lekki Free Trade Zone in Lagos is being completed. The factory, apart from supplying the Nigerian market, will enable the company to attain a prominent position in Africa thus, a potential generator of foreign exchange for the Nigerian economy. Through the years, The Candel Company has been very active in Agricultural development throughout the country and Ghana and the upliftment and empowerment of farmers; both at the grassroots and commercial farm level remains our priority.
More so, The Candel Company Limited has a variety of Crop Protection Products that cuts across the West African Farming system generally and the Nigerian farming system specifically in her portfolio and these include:
- Herbicide Products
- Insecticide Products
- Fungicide Products
- Growth Stimulants
- Foliar Fertilizers
- Spraying Equipment
In priding ourselves as a Reputable, Ethical and Trusted Name in the Industry, we have evolved over time by continually conceptualizing, formulating and developing Crop Protection Products that comply with standards set by regulatory authorities. This has further cemented our place as the acknowledged market leader in innovation nationwide. There are over 30 registered products and our key brands include but not limited to:
- Delsate®360 SL; A premium quality non-selective herbicide made from Glyphosate (IPA salt) with 18% Tallow amine surfactant. It has a systemic mode of action (Kills actively growing plants from their roots, rhizomes, stolons and tubers of weeds), inactivated on contact with soil and available in 1L and 5L bottles (SL).
- Delsate®780 WDG; Another first from The Candel Company Limited, this is a premium quality non-selective herbicide made from Glyphosate (IPA salt) with 18% Tallow amine surfactant. The Wettable Dry Granules dissolve completely in water and does not clog the nozzles of sprayers. It is less expensive, long shelf life (>3years), easy to handle and it has a systemic mode of action (Kills actively growing plants from their roots, rhizomes, stolons and tubers of weeds), inactivated on contact with soil. It is available in 110g sachet to be used per knapsack.
- Tackle®360 SL; This is a high quality Glyphosate product made from Ammonium salt, with APG as the surfactant. It is a non-selective herbicide with a systemic mode of action that kills actively growing plants from their roots, rhizomes, stolons and tubers of weeds. It is also inactivated on contact with soil and available in 1L and 5L bottles (SL).
- Paraq®200 SL; Another non-selective herbicide made from Paraquat Dichloride with no residual soil activity and less dependent on soil moisture. Used as both a defoliant and as a desiccant. Available in 1L bottle.
- OrizoPlus® SC; Made from a formulation of Propanil 360g/L + 2, 4 – D amine 200g/L. A highly selective post-emergence herbicide with both contact and systemic mode of action (Salts are absorbed through the roots whilst esters are absorbed by the foliage) of annual and perennial broad-leaved weeds in cereals, particularly rice.
- Boost Xtra® SL; As part of our efforts at developing Premium fertilizer technologies, is this foliar fertilizer complex containing macro elements, NPK (20:20:20) and trace elements for balance and healthy nutrition in all crops. Its application improves the tolerance of the treated plants to stresses such as weeds, diseases, insect pests, drought and nutrient deficiency stresses. It is used as foliar application to actively growing plants during the vegetative stage.
- CocoBoost® SL; This is another fertilizer complex containing macro elements, NPK (8.3:32.4:21.1) and trace elements for balance and healthy nutrition particularly in Cocoa. The product is enriched with high content of phosphate and potassium which induces remarkable tolerance to capsids, sucking bugs and diseases vectored by these insects. It is used as foliar application to actively growing cocoa plants to lower incidence of Black pod disease (Phytophora megarykariya).
With our high quality range of registered products, The Candel Company Ltd.’s sales and marketing teams have over the years built business relationships with established Suppliers & Distributors in all the geopolitical regions thereby giving our distribution infrastructure a strong nationwide presence and these has also impacted positively on our end-user perception, favorable trade and goodwill.